With the Star Adventurer I’m very mobile. Build up in about 10 minutes! So I’m not bound to a single place.
But most of the time I’m on my balcony in Derendingen, Solothurn (444m Alt.), especially during the work days. Unfortunately my field of view is limited to North and East, with best view towards East:
This field of view is OK, I can catch many DSO in North and East during a year. And of course, the sight to North is very valuable for the polar alignment 🙂
On the road
If it is perfect weather and my next day is off, I drive to one of my favorite places:
- Gurnigel in Bern (about one driving hour), 1608m alt.
- Weissenstein in Solothurn (about 25 minutes driving), 1395m alt.
Then it looks like this:
- Backpack for netbook, clothing, shoes, food and drinks
- Small case for my lovely 400mm lens
- Medium case for all the DSLR stuff
- Medium case for Lacerta MGEN2 with 50mm Guide Scope
- Big case for the Star Adventurer
- SkyWatcher 17Ah Powertank
- 2 tripods
Inside the cases every device has it’s own place. It’s enormously useful in the night: If everywhere something is in, all is complete 🙂
Almost overkill, but very well protected 😉
In the field
To be honest, I don’t use the SkyWatcher Explorer 130P anymore… only from time to time in warm summer nights. So the waiting time during photography can be bridged by observing 🙂
And of course for Moon and Sun pictures (Sun pictures always with filter protection on the scope!!!). And Saturn… but for Saturn it has too less focal length, even with a Barlow 2x 🙁